Industry: Pharmaceuticals and Biotech
Established in 2010, Precious Cells International is a Biotechnology company developing innovative stem cell platform technologies, with a core focus on the personalised regenerative medicine sector. The company has premises in London and Glasgow.
We are striving to connect 7 billion potential stem cell donors by collecting, biobanking and supplying clinical grade stem cells to those who need them. This increases the accessibility and scalability of stem cells - addressing the huge stem cell gap we have worldwide.
Cord blood is a rich source of hematopoietic stem cells, and cord tissue is well documented and reported to be an important and abundant source of mesenchymal stem cells.
Precious Cells International:
• Holds exclusive contracts with growing numbers of NHS Trusts across the UK to facilitate the collection of placenta, cord blood and cord tissue biospecimens.
• Is establishing an ethnically diverse public cord blood registry to meet the demand for stem cells transplants worldwide.
• Facilitates provision of cord blood and cord tissue units to global transplant centres and research establishments
• Provides personalised health and wellness services directly to private clients and organisations
• Consistently working hard to raise awareness about the potential of stem cells through their charity.
Stem cells like hematopoietic stem cells are used to routinely treat a growing number of medical conditions today including leukaemia, lymphoma, immune disorders and anaemias.
Many newly identified types of stem cells are currently under trials for more conditions including arthritis, Alzheimer’s, autism, diabetes, brain injury, stroke, cerebral palsy and heart valve replacement. These are believed to be the routine treatments of tomorrow.